QUOTE OF THE DAY: “CALLING NATURALLY UNRAVELS IN THE PLACE OF DILIGENT SERVICE”
Memory Verse: “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do”. Ephesians 2:10.
Anytime you ask, ‘what on earth am I here for?’ The Biblical answer has always been ‘to do good works, which God prepared in advance for you to do’. God created you for a pre-arranged mission. You are a conscript, not a volunteer. You do not beg to decide your calling, and it is a mistake to try and duplicate somebody else’s calling. It is equally wrong to render service for God outside God’s own pattern. God called Moses to deliver Israel from Egypt but he tried doing it his own way – killing an enemy to save an ally’s life, he wound up a forty year fugitive.
After living in the wilderness and learning his lesson, he returned to God’s will.But someone may ask how do I know what my calling is? The answer is this: your calling and gifting will unravel as you submerge yourself in diligent and selfless service to God and humanity. That selfless service will unconsciously engage your hidden unique potentials and callings. It makes them noticeable.
- Work with your spiritual gifts. Let God show you through your deepest desires and core competencies where you are best suited to serve. We all receive gifts from God who gives them to each one just as He determines (1 Corinthians 12:11).
- Submit to godly leadership: Your spiritual leader can help equip and guide you (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Commit your abilities and resources to building your local church. God designed our gifts and callings ‘so that the body of Christ may be built up’ (Ephesians 4:12).
- Develop a servant spirit. ‘Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others’ (1 Peter 4:10). Start serving and God will reveal them to you. God’s hand will bring you out of oblivion. Today, receive impartation for global dimension on your assignment. You shall be fulfilled. Keep serving!
DIVINE INSTRUCTION FOR THE DAY
DO YOU HAVE A CALENDAR? TURN TO IT AND PROPHESY TO EACH OF THE REMAINING DAYS THIS MONTH TO RUN IN YOUR FAVOUR.
- Spirit of service, come upon me now in Jesus name.
- Endow me with wisdom and humility to serve both God and humanity.
- Help me Lord to make my own contribution to the betterment of my generation.
- Let me reap the fruit and enjoy the dividend of service, my labour of love shall not be in vain in Jesus name.
FURTHER STUDY: Ephesians 4:1-16.
Read the Bible through in one year: Romans Chapters 1 – 4.
Remember to further prophesy on yourself!