QUOTE OF THE DAY: “PANIC KILLS MORE PILOTS THAN BAD WEATHER BECAUSE IT CLOUDS THEIR ABILITY TO THINK CLEARLY”
Memory Verse: “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us”. Romans 8:37.
The idea that circumstances will always line up favourably with God’s guidance is not scriptural, sometimes God leads you through the wilderness. And He will never lead you anywhere that does not require His provision and protection. It is neither the circumstances nor the challenges we face that really control our destiny. It is the fear of such circumstances that cripples our sense of purpose. Such fear clouds our sense of reasoning.
In any circumstance, however, God is still in charge but you have roles to play:
- Prepare your mind: Be of the mindset that storm will come with or without notice. ‘The wise man built his house upon the rock because he believed in the reality of storms’ (Matthew 7:24). It is impossible to go through life without them. Where did you ever get the idea that we would not have problems?
- Stay calm! Panic kills more pilots than bad weather because it clouds their ability to think clearly. In the storm Jesus said to His disciples ‘it is I: be not afraid’ (Mark 6:50). Keep your eyes on God and let it remain there, otherwise your fear will hurt you more than your circumstances.[pullquote]The idea that circumstances will always line up favourably with God’s guidance is not scriptural, sometimes God leads you through the wilderness. And He will never lead you anywhere that does not require His provision and protection. [/pullquote]
- Never abandon your purpose. Do not throw your cargo-the purpose of your journey over board. Never let go of the purpose for which God called you for it will sustain you through the hard times.
Finally, be strong; the storm does not control your destiny, God does. He is still in charge. Stand up and announce: ‘In all these things I am more than conquerors’. God will give you grace to come out of your present storm. Cheer up. Have a wonderful day.
DIVINE INSTRUCTION FOR THE DAY
TURN INWARD AND CHECK, IS THERE FEAR IN ME? PRAY AGAINST IT AND ASK FOR COURAGE AND BOLDNESS TO MOVE ON.
- Oh Lord, terminate in my life, pains, reproach and fear today.
- I shall not die in the wilderness of life in Jesus name.
- This is a new day, oh Lord, let new things, fresh ideas, new miracles spring forth in my life.
- At my point of need in my life’s voyage, let there be help for me.
FURTHER STUDY: Mark 6:45-56.
Read the Bible through in one year: 1 Samuel Chapters 1 – 3.
Remember to further prophesy on yourself!