QUOTE OF THE DAY: “VISION STOPS WHEN LIFE STOPS”
Memory Verse: “You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body” 1 Corinthians 6:20.
It takes sound health to pursue wealth. You need health to pursue your vision. It is our physical body that houses our spirit and soul. Essentially, we are spirit beings. Your body is the vehicle that carries your spirit and soul around. This body is subject to depreciation, hence it is mortal.
What most people don’t realize is that no matter, how willing and ambitious your spirit may be, if the body, that is, the vehicle that will execute such vision wears to death as a result of carelessness, poor hygienic attitude, stress, sickness, attack and poor diet among several others, the spirit departs and such vision stops.
It is true our earthly bodies will be raised to live forever at resurrection according to
1 Corinthians 15:42, but in the mean time you must honour God with your body by observing a few basic principles like:
- Regular exercise: Interestingly, half of us who started exercise programmes abandoned them within six months. The secret is to start slowly. You must do something that will make you expend some energy and sweat on a daily basis. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park the car and walk, play ball with the kids instead of watching T.V. God designed your body to move, exercising thirty minutes 3-4 times a week reduces blood pressure, stress and boosts your sense of well-being.[pullquote]no matter, how willing and ambitious your spirit may be, if the body, that is, the vehicle that will execute such vision wears to death as a result of carelessness, poor hygienic attitude, stress, sickness, attack and poor diet among several others, the spirit departs and such vision stops.[/pullquote]
- Eating right: Most of us eat for the wrong reasons, like fatigue, anger and low self esteem. Eat to live, don’t live to eat. Insufficient fruits, vegetables and fibre and too much fast food can wreak havoc with your health. Practice self-control (Galatians 5:24).
- Getting enough sleep: We live in a sleep-deprived society, however we require 7-8 hours of sleep. So turn off the T.V and the computer and put it on at a reasonable hour! Go to bed early, so you can wake up early. If you go to bed at 10pm in the evening and wake up by 4am or 5am, you would have completed the normal and required 7hours of sleep. So, from now get committed to your health and respect your body. You won’t die prematurely.
Your vision will not be aborted. Stay healthy!
DIVINE INSTRUCTION FOR THE DAY
HOLD A KEY THIS MORNING AND USE IT TO PRAY. SAY, OH LORD, GRANT ME AUTHORITY AND POWER OVER ALL ISSUES AROUND ME.
- Teach me oh Lord, and help me to take proper care of my body.
- My vision, my hopes and aspiration shall not be aborted on the ground of ignorance in Jesus name.
- Help me to live and maintain a disciplined and hygienic life style. 120 years shall be my minimum in Jesus name.
- Today, every death sentence is cancelled by the blood of Jesus. Yoke of ignorance is destroyed now in Jesus name.
FURTHER STUDY: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20.
Read the Bible through in one year: Exodus Chapters 38 – 40.
Remember to further prophesy on yourself!