QUOTE OF THE DAY: “YOUR CALLING IS EMBEDDED IN A PROBLEM YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO SOLVE”
Memory Verse: “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men”. Matthew 5:13.
Human abilities fall into certain categories. First, wisdom and knowledge which include abilities like curiousity, love of learning, sound judgment and social intelligence. Second, courage – perseverance and integrity. Third, humanity with capacities for kindness and the expression of mercy. Fourth, justice that is ability to bring about fairness and leadership. Fifth, temperament i.e qualities like self control, prudence and humility to mention a few. We all have the capacity for each of these strengths, but a few resonate more deeply inside of you. No doubt these are your strength.
There are two major ways of knowing what you are called to do:
- Your calling means God believes in you: God seldom picks on the qualified. Often, He qualifies the chosen. When Jesus choose the disciples, they did not look like winners initially. He picked a doctor, a tax collector and fishermen and said, ‘I believe in you, what I know I will teach you…’ John 14:12. No wonder they left their nets! Jesus empowered His followers to go out to live as He lived.
- Your calling is often connected to what troubles you deeply. For Moses it was the oppression of his people. So God used that, and called Moses to lead his people to freedom. For William Wilberforce, it was slavery. Thus, he devoted his entire life to seeing it eradicated in England, which it finally was shortly before his death. For Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr. it was the injustice of a society that enslaved and oppressed African-Americans so he dreamed and he preached, marched, organized, boycotted and the Civil Rights Movement was galvanized. If you want to discover your calling, begin to take note of what deeply infuriates you the most. For instance, if you get deeply infuriated about the suffering of the poor, then spend time around those in poverty. Carry within you the conviction that things must change. After today’s encounter, a true you will emerge. You won’t miss your track in destiny. God’s expectation on you will not fail. All your efforts today shall yield results. See you on top!
DIVINE INSTRUCTION FOR THE DAY: PRAY FOR YOUR CHILDREN, PARENTS AND SIBLINGS TODAY.
- Dear heavenly Father, reveal who I am to me; let me discover who I am before it is too late.
- Use me oh Lord to solve human problems; let the light and salt that I am find expression.
- Stretch your hands and bring me out of the darkness of this world.
- Purify me and make me a useful vessel in your vineyard.
FURTHER STUDY: Matthew 5:13-16
Read the Bible through in one year: Galatians Chapters 4 – 6.
Remember to further prophesy on yourself!