QUOTE OF THE DAY: “THE EMPTY TOMB IS THE PROOF THAT JESUS IS ALIVE”
Memory Verse: “But when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus”. Luke 24:3.
Today is Easter Sunday, all over the world. We are celebrating the glorious resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead. The events of Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection are two undisputable phenomena that had proved beyond any iota of doubt that Christianity is not just mere religion, but a way of life. Besides, Jesus Christ is life. At the tomb of Lazarus, He said, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies…’ John 11:25. What does the empty tomb remind us?
- It reminds us that Jesus, lives and He is among the living and not the dead. At the tomb, Mary stood outside the tomb weeping, she could not recognize Him until Jesus mentioned her name.[pullquote]It reminds us that Jesus, lives and He is among the living and not the dead.[/pullquote]
- Because of the empty tomb, we have an ongoing relationship with Jesus, our Lord. Living out our faith as Christians means living in a relationship with God.
- Death is conquered: His is the first resurrection among many. Death no longer cages us. Hence, it changes our mindset that we need to celebrate death rather than be grieved by it. Certainly we grieve the physical separation of loved ones but at the same time we celebrate that there will be a time when we will meet again.
- The empty tomb and the resurrection remind us that there is life after death. Life is more than affluence, wealth and comfort. Because of resurrection we can lift our attention from ourselves and shift it to others. Sharing and serving are marks of faith in Christ.
- Finally, the empty tomb is a testament to the truth that God took the greatest evil and created the greatest good. God is able to turn our bad circumstances and mistakes around for our good. Paul realized this and proclaimed, ‘all things happen for good for those who love God’ Romans 8:28. There is hope for you in any situation you may find yourself. So, rejoice, celebrate, for Jesus has risen. Happen Easter!
DIVINE INSTRUCTION FOR THE DAY: ON THIS EASTER MORNING, REJOICE AND THANK GOD FOR SENDING HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST, TO DIE FOR YOUR SIN.
- I take authority over the power of the grave holding my destiny down.
- O grave, be opened! I decree: come forth my destiny in Jesus name.
- I pronounce life back into every dead issue of my life now in Jesus name.
- Power of resurrection, come upon me now; assume full expression in my life in Jesus name
FURTHER STUDY: Luke 24:1-35.
Read the Bible through in one year: Isaiah Chapters 46 – 48.
Remember to further prophesy on yourself!